Saturday 31 July 2010

Exercise - eeeek! Project Updates; Exercise balls

So, one of my 'projects' for this summer was to exercise more and lose weight. I've been out jogging twice, and gone on the treadmill once. That's it. I really need to do something else, other than cutting out snacks in my diet.
  I need a routine, something I'm not so keen on and something that doesn't suit my creative side. I thought about joining a class, like a dance club or something, but then I hate those sort of things.
  I'm constantly reminded of those fitness videos when I think of the word 'workout' you know those ones from the nineties where everyone is wearing leg warmers, spandex and lycra?
  I think I need to do something like that, but with one of those exercise balls to tone your thighs and bum, you know where you lay on them and use weights and stuff.
  Maybe I'll spend my new income on fitness stuff too. So I google exercise balls and this is the typical picture I get;
Lots of people doing impossible positions on one of these balls, how the hell  am I going to do that? Wouldn't the ball just run out from underneath me? I'm predicting bruises. The image was from here, so I have a look at the website to see if it has prices or anymore useful tips.
  Not really much luck but after some extra surfing I find a video that proves you don't have to be super flexible and strong to be able to use these to get fit and toned, and you can get an exercise ball from pretty much anywhere, so I'll be out on the hunt for one soon.
  When I buy one, I'll take some pictures or something to prove that I'm using it. They will probably look hilarious but I hope it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment